BOATING LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Admiralty and Maritime Law
Boating Safety Regulations by Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- New power boat safety regulations including age restrictions and operator competency.
California Harbors and Navigation Code
- Boating regulations on-line.
Federal Requirements (USA)
- Federal Requirements and Safety Tips for Recreational Boaters.
- Quick guide to boating rules and regulations in Florida.
Illinois Boat Registration, Titling and Safety Act
- Guide to the highlights of the Illinois Boat Registration and Safety Act.
Maine Boating Laws
- All of the following laws and regulations have either been passed by the Maine legislature or adopted by the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.
Maryland Boating Regulations
- Maryland State & Federal Requirements for Recreational Vessels.
Massachusetts Boating Law by Danvers Police
- Recent changes in state boating laws are now being enforced by state and local police officers.
National Association of State Boating Law Adminstrators
- Reference Guide to State Boating Laws in USA.
Nebraska Boating Guide
- Rules and regulations.
Oregon Marine Board
- Information on registering boats and provides boating safety education, law enforcement.
Requirements for Foreign Recreational Vessels in Canadian Waters
- Canada's Dept. of Transport's maritime information page which includes regulation of small vessels and safety requirements. Some documents available on-line.
Utah Boating Rules
- Small portion of Utah's boating laws.
Vermont Boating Safety
- Operating laws and regulations in Vermont.
Lake Ontario Guide
Copyright 1998, Revised 1999, All rights reserved